Click on 'Like", then check out our Facebook page!
September 2/3 - General Meeting: 6:30 at Grass Valley Charter School. Speaker is applique quilter, Carrie Fondi. Workshop: Hawaiian quilting, you may use your own pattern or hers. meliaquilts.com
September 11 - Guild Board Meeting: 6:30 at Eskaton
September 16 - Quilt Show Board Meeting: 6:30 at Eskaton
September 18 - Community Service and Home Workshop 9:30 - 3:30 at Seventh Day Adventist Church, Osborn Hill Rd.
October 7/8 - General Meeting: 6:30 at Grass Valley Charter School. Speaker is Rami Kim, ramikim.com.Workshop: No Sew Tumbling Blocks.
October 9 - Guild Board Meeting: 6:30 at Eskaton
October 16 - Community Service and Home Workshop 9:30 - 3:30 at Seventh Day Adventist Church, Osborn Hill Rd.
October 21 - Quilt Show Board Meeting: 6:30 at Eskaton
I have been thinking about all that we, as members of PTQG, receive for our $25 membership dues each year:
1. Quality speakers or informational, fun programs 11 months each year
2. Camaraderie of other quilters, friendships, mini groups, roster, newsletter, organized quilting activities (challenges, mystery quilt, round robin, etc.)
3. Speaker workshops with much of cost underwritten by guild are only $25 for members
4. Monthly FREE Home Workshops
5. Annual FREE Jamboree when funds are available
6. Pride of being part of our Community Services: awarding $3,000 annually in scholarships, making and donating hundreds of quilts annually to the needy in Nevada County, Junior Quilters, spreading the skills and history of quilting through Education Outreach.
In order to provide the above activities we have an annual budget, in 2014, of $27,662 of income. $8,170 of that is from Quilt Show profit, $3,992 is from our savings account. It is clear that we cannot continue to provide all of the noted activities without the Quilt Show income and cutting back on spending.
As I write this we do not yet have a volunteer to chair the Quilt Show. MANY energetic and reliable volunteers have already stepped forward to serve on the QS committee. Missing are the Chairperson (coordinator), Basket Chair and Publicity Chair. Most of the other committees are already covered – Equipment, Setup, Lunchroom, Country Store, Treasurer, Secretary, Silent Auction, Vendors, and more! The fairgrounds are reserved, meetings scheduled, etc., we just need someone to coordinate the process.
Please consider volunteering, alone or with a friend as co-chair, for our openings. Barbara Ceresa, last year's chair, will mentor and train the show chair. For more detailed information call either Barbara or me.
30th Annual "SPRINGTIME IN THE PINES" Quilt Show
PTQG 2014 Quilt Show Winners